Horizontal Vertical


First stage of the piece I'm working on at the moment.


It's basically a linear map starting from Petticoat Lane Market- Middlesex street towards Liverpool street and ending in Aldgate. Based on the photographs I took while recording the area, I ended up tracing the bold structure of horizontal and vertical lines from the buildings and presenting them in the form of the route I took. 




The planned format for this will be A2 but unfortunately due to bad timing skills I've managed to print it on tiles of A4. 


The feedback I got from this week's crit was that I need to communicate the map a little better, maybe have the flow of the direction of some kind of information design incorporated to it. To say the truth I'd rather show the direction in a more abstract way so it can suit the piece rather than having arrows or some sort of strict labels. 
I was also encouraged to do another one but this time of a park or a natural space where vertical lines would not exist, and do a comparison. I will definitely do that for this coming Tuesday and try to print them both in proper A2 paper.